Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Come on, Come on....

That was in an Eric Cartman voice by the way. I'm ready for the Thanksgiving break! I have been told that around noon, the Survey usually announces that all employees can go home and enjoy the holiday, so I'm counting down the hours. Come on, come on....

So last night I was happily knitting on mom's cardigan, baking a squash casserole and some snickerdoodles (not to self, never, NEVER buy cookie dough from the neighborhood kid's fundraiser....you'll just eat far too many cookies), and watching tapes to catch up on my shows when aforementioned kid comes over. She wants to try to spin again. So I get up, take the casserole out, eat a cookie, and go grab the drop spindle. I told her that she couldn't use the wheel until she got really good at the drop spindle (seeing as I have no cheap roving left aside from what is on that spindle right now, I don't want her to spin up really bad singles out of merino that cost me a little money). She's the type of kid that gets bored after about 2 seconds, but she really likes the drop spindle. I'm thinking that for Christmas, I may make a CD drop spindle for her and her sister and give them that and a bag of cheap roving and let them go nuts. I can see the look on their parents' faces now :oP

After they finally left, I spun up a second skein of the kid mohair/merino blend and plied it and everything. It looks a little better than the first one, but they are both pretty consistent.

Come on, come on....

I'm going to go to Thanksgiving with DBF's family, so we'll be travelling tomorrow. His cousins have a very nice house and that side of the family meets up on Thanksgiving with way too much food, but the thing I always look forward to?

Quarter Poker.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Knit on...

Come on, come on...

1 comment:

Erica said...

So, did they let you go early?