Thursday, November 16, 2006

So Much For My Turn To Win

Um, yeah, I was the first person out. I raised pre-flop with KJ suited and got one caller. Flop comes up and there's a King, so I bet 200 on it. The guy calls. Turn is the third diamond on the board, so I checked. River comes up a King. Yep, I have trip Kings with a J kicker, so I'm thinking since he didn't raise when the third diamond came out, he has a pair maybe. I go all in, he calls, he has 8 6 of diamonds.

OK, for poker players out there, suited cards only raise your likelyhood of winning a hand by 3%. He calls a pre-flop bet with crappy suited semi-connectors and wins the hand and puts me out of the tourney. I don't get pissy about bad beats very often, but believe me, I was pissed about that hand. It was the only hand I played too, so that made it even worse. Oh well.

In knitting news, I am almost done with DBF's sweater. I hope that after knitting on it some at lunch today and after work that I might get it done. I will have to seem it up tomorrow, but it is almost there. Once I get his done, the emphasis goes on Mom's cardigan and Grandma's sweater for Christmas. I'm thinking about buying some of the cards from Knitty.com about why people didn't get their hand-made items on time for the holidays. I don't know if I can get stuff done for everyone up here. Hopefully I can, it just means I have to knit, knit, knit. Not that that's a problem or anything, but I have this spinning wheel at home and it calls to me.

Yeah, I know the drive band is off. I had to take off a bobbin and then didn't put it back on before taking the picture. Last night before poker, I spun up the rest of the turquois merino and white merino to make more of the Ice Princess yarn. I should have enough spun to make at least three big skeins, maybe four total. We'll see how far it goes once the plying is all done. I'm almost done plying one skein of it.

My car decided to do strange things this morning. I managed to get her into work, but I think she needs to go to the mechanic right after work. I'm not an expert, but I think my alternator is dying since the battery light is on and the battery won't recharge. It's a freaking new battery too, so it makes me wonder. Also it's running hotter than usual and I should really get that checked out. It better not be more than 400 bucks to repair, that's all I'm saying. I can allot my paycheck's worth of credit card bill payment to it, but I do need to pay the utilities and maybe have a little left over to buy some food. Car, you picked a sucky time to break down. Why couldn't you have waited until after the holidays?

Knit on...

No comments: