Monday, November 06, 2006

They Say It's Your Birthday

Yep, I'm a year older today. I'm a whopping 24 years old, but I feel older than that. I don't get along with people who are my own age for the most part (there are a few, but they act older as well), so most of my friends are significantly older than I am, but that's fine with me.

Tonight I will go over to my grandparents' house and have dinner with them, open presents that are there, and then go play poker perhaps if I am done in time. If not, then I will go to the Liquor Barn, buy a bottle of coconut rum, some pina colada mixer, and try out the new blender that DBF's mom got me for my birthday. DBF and I bought each other video games that we both had been wanting. I do have a confession though. The game that I had been wanting was a dumb pokemon game for gamecube. I am addicted to pokemon games. I don't know why, I just am. Perhaps there is an adult recovery group for pokemon? I also am addicted to Lego Star Wars, any Final Fantasy game, Kingdom Hearts, Dino Crisis, and many others, but I am really addicted to pokemon.

Here's a quick bit of knitting content for you:


That is dad's cardigan in pieces. I am almost done with the last sleeve and then I can sew the sucker together and go get some buttons for it. After I get done with that, I have to get to work on mom's. Then I have to do Grandma's. Dear Lord, I need another month. Christmas comes too soon. I will have some time to knit here soon though I suppose. The poker league will be ending next week and hopefully it will end with either DBF or myself winning a trip to the bahamas. We'll find out.

Well, I'm going to go plug away at work. I don't think anyone here except Kathy realizes it's my birthday today. I was secretly hoping for decorations on my desk, but that didn't happen. Maybe I'll get a cupcake instead...

Knit on...

1 comment:

Erica said...

I don't know the time difference, but it's 8:59 pm here, so it's still your birthday where you are. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!