Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Stupid Rabbit

OK, so last night Spooky got into the bedroom. I couldn't get her to come out, so I went back into the living room and fixed DBF's sweater's neckline as best as I could (I'm happy with it, but it just seems like there should be more or something) and spun this:

A skein of kid mohair/merino blend wool courtesy of Erica. It's so super soft before you spin it and it keeps that softness after it's spun. I love the silky luster to this wool too. I still have well over half the bag left too, so I need to spin the rest of it up and then figure out what to make out of it. I think it's soft enough that it should be a next-to-skin item of some sort. Once I spin the rest of it up, I'll see how much it yielded and we'll go from there.

So, I get ready to go to bed, take DBF's sweater into the bedroom to photograph it for the blog, and there is a bunny on the bed, surrounded by bunny shit and bunny pee, and I drop the sweater and charge the rabbit. I guess she got the hint that I was royally pissed (no pun intended) at her, so she ran back into the front room and jumped in her cage. She got no treat last night. So I angrily strip off the sheets, the comforter, and anything else that she peed on, go and get the See Spot Go urine remover and spray the stains to make them vanish, then tromp downstairs to throw the sheets in the washer. I couldn't get the comforter in there, so it will have to be washed tonight. I grabbed the first blanket I saw downstairs and went back up to go to bed on the mattress pad. Damn rabbit. Oh, here's a quickly taken picture of DBF's sweater. It's a pretty crappy picture, but I was mad, so this is what you get :oP


Yep, still have a lot of ends to weave in. I might still try to do something else with the neck, like make it more defined or something. We'll see how ambitious I get. I was too mad to worry about that last night. Oh, and I mentioned yesterday that it snowed. I would show you a picture, but blogger is apparently done letting me load pictures. I'm going to try to go into yesterday's post and put it there if it will let me. We'll see. I have to wash and dry a comforter tonight, so I may or may not get to go to SNB this week. Oh well. I'm still trying to find a way to meet up with Kim on Wednesday since she has the day off (really, truly, she has a day off!).

Knit on...

No comments: