Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Wheel Is In

Repeat, the Ashford traveler box that had my name taped to it with masking tape is in! I have been avoiding using the credit cards for anything so that I can get out of debt, but the idea of taking home the wheel last night made me break down. Yes, I charged the remaining 150 bucks to the card that was almost paid off. Next month, next month...

I packed up the wheel in my car and headed over to poker where I qualified for the third tournament next week. I now qualify for all three tourneys, so I'm ready to go kick some arse! I went out pretty quick, but seeing as only 5 of us showed up to play, it was OK.

I quickly sped home (thankfully there were no cops around at 8:15 last night) and drug the box into the living room after I had checked the house thoroughly (there was a light on that shouldn't have been on, but it was later decided that a ghost is playing tricks on me). I opened the box and there were all the little parts (8:45 as of this point). I grabbed the screwdriver, hammer, oil, and hex wrench and started assembling my new wheel. I got down to the screws that attach the treadle to the driver for the wheel and I couldn't take it any more. My hand cramped up and that was the end of the assembly. It's almost all done, and I shall finish it tonight.

I realize now that my hand cramp was actually my body telling me that it was way past my bedtime for a work night. I put the screwdriver down at midnight and went to bed. I'm sleepy this morning, but I am more wanting to get that dumb wheel put together.

I'm still working on the pictures issue. I need to go get my CD's from the grandparents' house so that I can get them into work. Maybe I can find a computer here that will read a DVD...

Knit on...

No comments: