Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Blood Suckers

So, yesterday I had to go get a bunch of blood drawn to do the spectrum of tick tests that doctors do. I might as well have gone in there and donated a pint of blood to them. That's what it looked like they were taking anyways. In a week or so, I should know if I have any ticky problems, but hopefully it'll be all clear. Damn biting ticks...

This weekend DBF and I played in a Magic tournament. Friday night in a hot, non-AC game store, I sucked, but DBF did well. He finished 6th, but if he had won his last match (Curse Victor!) he would have finished in first place. It's amazing how much one loss will get you in those last rounds.

Saturday, we met Emily and her husband over at IHOP. It was so nice to see Emily again! She finished her doctorate here and then moved to Connecticut to go do post-doc work at Yale. I don't blame her for taking it, but Kim and I really missed her! I have her two skeins of highland wool for those cold New England winters and she gave me two skeins of Koigu in this lovely blue color. Sadly, I have no pictures of this yarn since it was packed up and moved this weekend. when I make something out of it, you'll get to see it.

Sunday was about the Amazing Race season finale. My team won, but I wish they hadn't complained so much on the race. While all of this was going on this weekend, I knit and knit on the socks. I need to get them in the mail by tomorrow if they are to get to their intended destination on time. Here they are:

I'm definitely going to have to get some more of this yarn for myself. I'm loving the feel of the cotton.

Knit on...

No comments: