Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Packed Up and Heading Out

I went running after work yesterday and had a bit of a scare. I was heading into mile 2 when my Ipod came unhooked from inside of my shorts and smacked hard on the ground. The little wheel thingy was jammed in it and the volume was getting louder and louder because of this. I was about to get really upset since Ipods are not cheap and I didn't really want to replace mine right this minute. I grabbed the screaming Ipod and headed back to the car to see what I could do with it. I jammed the wheel as hard as I could on the other side and it popped back in place. Moral of the story: Don't run with an Ipod clipped to your pocket. Go get one of those armband things. Also, it may be time for me to upgrade past my mini and get one of those new nanos. Perhaps after I'm out of credit card debt and after I buy a new digital SLR.

After running and showering, I went to SnB at Jane's. I made some hummus and brought rice crackers. She provided an Irish blue cheese, and then cookies arrived with Kaye. We had a good combination of food and some good tea that Jane made as well. I knit and I knit on the socks and...
I finished them. They are packed and about to go in the mail as soon as the post office opens up. Here's a close up of the stripes:
And of course, as with all socks, they must be Spooky approved. I wasn't able to wear these since they are for a smaller foot than my own, but Spooky still came and checked them out.

They are bunny approved, and we all know that this is important. She is the ultimate judge of socks, just ask her.

Tonight I'm meeting Erica for coffee and I'll be doing some knitting while I wait for her to get off work. I'm putting down the socks for a little while even though I need to make a pair for my grandmother who is coming for a visit since she asked specifically for a pair to wear when her feet get cold at night. Tonight I will knit on the stockinette slog which still sits at 25 inches. I'm hoping by the end of the night that it will be longer than 30 inches. I am seeing the light that is armhole decreases just around the corner.

Knit on...

No comments: