Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm on a Streak

OK, so I'm on a spinning streak right now...
Two more skeins of llama are now spun up. I'm getting about 10-12 wraps per inch on this which would make it a worsted weight yarn by the looks of it. I'm amazed at how soft it has been turning out. I also went ahead and washed the two skeins to set the twist and get rid of the rest of the grease in the fiber.

Dunked and rinsed. I checked the skeins this morning and they are almost completely dry.


Yeah, I still knit too. I worked some more on my grandma's sock. I should be done with the pair by this weekend I think. I'm hoping I can be done by tomorrow since she's coming over to the house for dinner and it would be nice to give them to her then.


I'm almost to the heel now. Give me a nice hour long lunch and I'll have a heel turned and the gusset done, at least that's the plan.

Yeah, I'm putting off those last two front panels on the slog as long as I can...

Knit on...

2 comments:

ReBellegirls said...

This turned out really nice. Now, what are you going to make with it?

Knitting Magic Girl said...

I haven't decided yet. Have to see how much more I can get out of the bag o' fiber first. I still have a ton left and I've already got 4 skeins of about 85-90 yards. If I have enough, it may become a cardigan or something.