Monday, March 13, 2006

Deep breath, Ah, I can breathe again!


The flu is gone after nearly a week of agonizing over breathing. For half the time, I didn't even feel like knitting! What? Not feel like knitting? For shame! I'm finally better now and it's time for....drumroll please...pictures! Yes, I am finally going to show the finished homespun evil sweater! Also, I'm going to show you all pictures of my latest yarn raid that I promised I would show. So, without further ado, let me show you!

Here I am modelling my finished sweater. It's nice and toasty and rather heavy, but I love it. It's a boatneck by accident. Next time I modify a pattern, I have to remember to modify the neckline as well. Knit with 4 skeins homespun in the color gothic. Mostly stockinette stitch with a little k1p1 ribbing at the bottom and the sleeves. An easy knit and it only took me 23 days to finish it. Sure, I was supposed to finish in 16 days, but that would mean a lack of sleep, and we all know I like my sleep.
Next up is the yarn I bought at K1P1 the other day. The green yarn is Pia from Italy and I love this yarn. It's already being made into a form-fitting sweater as I type :o) It feel like woolen butter! I bought 16 balls of this. The multi colored yarn is a hank of lambs pride worsted in English Garden. I bought 2 hanks of this for a purse. The last ball is fortissima socka yarn for a pair of socks...once I learn to knit socks. I'm ambitious at least! I bought two balls of that. I also bought a pair of bamboo DPNs in size 2. Yep, it was a big splurge. Now I'm looking at knitpicks.com going, hmmm...spring yarn!
So, now I must close and go do some work. Next up will be reports from my parents who are in Israel. Wish I could go. I guess I'll just knit here and work on tracing some more squiggly lines!
Knit on....

No comments: