Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend Update

OK, so I played Magic this weekend. It was nice to play in a tournament again. DBF and I won free entry to the tourney (saved us 50 bucks) by dressing up as a two-headed giant. I put my sewing skills to work for the costume. We decided on a cowboy theme and bought two plaid shirts at goodwill and then I created a two-headed concoction out of them. DBF has the pictures on his camera, so as soon as I get them, I'll show you the costume. We didn't do too well at the tourney, but at least it was free!

I did meet another knitter there though. She was pretty nice. Hopefully she'll start coming out to one of the Stitch and Bitches around here. It's always good to meet another knitter. Now if we can just get her hooked on magic, we might have a second knitting magic girl around here :oP

I casted on my first attempt at a sock on Friday. So many needles! I'm doing OK though so far. I'm at the easy part of just working a K2P2 rib for 6-8 inches. Not too bad at least. I've got Kathy to help me here at work, so I'll be able to figure it out I think.

I've got about 8 inches on my green Pia sweater. I have dubbed this the paradise fish sweater because the colors remind me of my male paradise fish named Knit. Yes, I have two paradise fish named Knit and Purl, Purl being the female. I also have a red and blue beta fish named Niv-Mizzet after the red/blue dragon from Guildpact in Magic. Yes, I know, I'm a dork :oP

My parents get home from their trip today. Sounds like they had a good time. I'll probably talk to them tonight if they're not too jet-lagged. We'll see. Well, I should probably get to work, huh?

Knit on...

No comments: