Friday, June 09, 2006

Part Two of 6/9/06's Post

Here's the yarn that goes in those merino knit kits.

And now for the Thursday Knit Group last night. We all sat around and stitched, bitched, and ate really good food. The banana cream pie was to die for, I might add (Thanks, Chris!)


I was asked to bring in one of DBF and mine's dinosaur eggs to show the group. Here's Zabet(from the anticraft.com) holding a 68 million year old egg from China. It was a real hit with the group. We're knitters and we're geeks!


We had a canine companion most of the night as well. He performed all kinds of tricks for us and made me once again want a puppy.


We had lots of space, so we all spread out and knit away.


And Kim even got a chance to come to her first SnB evening gathering. She got to meet all the people she had emailed from the listserve and stitched away.

DBF won a poker tournament last night too, so all in all I think it was a good evening. I'm sleepy today from getting to bed late for me on a weekday, but it was a good time. Tonight DBF and I are going to a dinner theater where there will be country food and a musical called Phantom of the Grand Old Oprey. Should be fun.

Oh, and I started to spin again last night. Kim picked me up some roving from her LYS and Renee gave me a new top whorl drop spindle that she had an extra of lying around the house. I'm not a good spinner, but I did notice that I'm a heck of a lot better than when I first attempted to spin. My first attempt is a blob sitting on my desk and my second attempt is a woolen creature that resides at Kim's house. She is still saying she's going to put ears and eyes on it and make it into a yarn bunny. I don't know what I'm going to make with the yarn I'm spinning now. I'm thinking a scarf might not be bad. I'm only spinning 16 ounces of roving, so it's not that much.

Well, time to get to work.

Knit on...

1 comment:

roseygirl said...

I love banana cream pie now that you have mentioned it I will have to make one this weekend :)