Monday, June 05, 2006

What is a relaxing weekend?

I would really like to know what a relaxing weekend is...This weekend made me and DBF so tired that we pretty much just sat on our butts all day Sunday and slept. We may have stayed there for the rest of the day if the words Dairy and Queen didn't make it into the same sentence :oP

Friday night we helped my friend Laura move a bunch of stuff from her old apartment to her new apartment. I had thought this would be a one day thing, but it turned into two. Saturday morning DBF and I walked in the American Diabetes Association walk at Keeneland racetrack. There were over 1500 people there! It was a good turn out for sure. They had a dedication wall, so I brought in a picture of my mom and added it to the rest. Not many people brought in pictures, so it was a sad dedication wall. DBF did take a picture of me by it, so hopefully I can get that turned digital.

After we walked 2.5 miles, we decided to go play disc golf. It was the closest match we have ever had, which was good for me! I think we're both getting much better now, so that's good. After disc golf, we grabbed some grub at my place and then I took a shower, thinking that it would be the end of the physical exertion. Nope. Laura called and wanted us to help her some more, so off DBF and I go again to move stuff. We finally got all the stuff moved that we were going to move for her and then went over to DBF's and crashed. After that, we went to Cracker Barrel for food and to his friend's party on a farm. Sacked out around 1 AM.

When I woke up yesterday, the first words out of my mouth were expletives because I was so sore. It's hard to believe that I could get so sore from just moving crap, but apparently I can. Went to church, slept on the couch and then went to go see a movie last night.

Anyways, that was my weekend. Notice a lack of knitting in there? I did play some Magic on Sunday with DBF. I really want to play Owling Mine in a tournament I think. It seems to be pretty darn hard to beat anyways. No knitting, a little bit of Magic, and a cool cartoon sent to be by Erica:

In case you can't read it, the guy on the left asks what this thing is that Graal knitted him. He then tells him it's an axe cozy to put over his axe. The other guy says, nope, not happening. I also found out there's a bunch of DnD playing knitters out there on the thread with this comic on it! You can find it here:

http://community.livejournal.com/punk_knitters/1494702.html?style=mine#cutid1

Still haven't gotten my Harlot film developed. Still haven't gotten pictures of the blue tee I'm making. I will get those sometime soon though. If I keep saying that though, you'll stop believing me :oP

Knit on...

No comments: