Wednesday, June 28, 2006

WIP It Out

OK, here are some WIPS and a few FOs for this Wednesday. Today is the last day I will be posting until I get back from vacation. If something happens on vacation that just screams to be blogged, I will blog since I'm taking my computer with me. Anyhoo, here's a few pictures of stuff I've been working on, starting with the recently finished stuff.
My first decent skein of hand spun yarn. Terrible picture, but there it is in all its fuzzy glory. Any spinner out there know how to get rid of the super fuzziness? Is that just something that comes with practice?

Ah, the wrist warmers. I don't know why I am so fascinated with these right now. Maybe it's because I can finish them in a day and everything else I'm working on right now takes a month to finish. Now for some WIPs.


This is the purple homespun lace shawl. You can't see the diamond pattern in this picture, so you'll just have to trust me when I say it's there. No matter what crazy position I managed to get myself into, I was not able to shoot a picture and spread out the large lace diamonds. Probably because I had too big of a lens attached to the camera and didn't try the macro setting. But I digress...

Oh yes, the forgotten sock. Not much has changed since the last time he made an appearance on this blog, so I decided to show you a close-up of his stitches instead. I love the coloring, I love the yarn, I just hate this heel flap. Next time it's just going to be plain stockinette so I can get it done faster. And now, blogger won't let me publish anymore pictures, so I'll post later in the day and give you a preview of where I might be going on vacation. I can't tell you flat out, else I would be forced to kill you, but I can give you hints and if you figure it out, more power to you. Perhaps I should do a contest for this? I suppose not. Please don't forget the Diabetes Awareness Contest link to the right under my email contact. You can win yarn or a 20 buck gift certificate to Bath and Body Works. You only have two more days to comment on that post to be entered into the contest. If you can't post for some reason, please just email me and I'll add your name to the drawing. I will be drawing names on July 3 when I get back from vacation.

Anyways, I need to get some stuff done before I take off tonight. Knit on!

No comments: