Thursday, June 22, 2006

WIP it out Thursday

OK, without any further ramblings at the moment, here are the latest WIP and a new FO projects.
This is my second pair of Voodoo wrist warmers. By the way, this is the colorway that one of the prizes for my contest happens to be. You'll get a full ball of it, all 200 grams I believe (if I remember correctly). It's enough to get two pairs of wrist warmers out of at least!

This is the finished blue betrayal tee. It looks so nice on the hanger. I love the color, the shaping, the sleeve length, but I don't like the fact that it's, oh yeah, too FREAKING SMALL! My gauge is correct, I did everything right, but I guess either I expanded or the cotton shrunk. Oh well. Grandma is going to see if she can wear it. If not, someone is getting it for Christmas if I don't drop the rest of this weight (dropped 4 pounds since getting my butt back on WW!!).


This is the most terrible picture I could have taken of this project. It's the baby kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting, only it's all squished on one needle and there's just not much I can do about that right now. It's being made from sari silk (something else you can win!) and is super cute.

Finally, this is another WIP. This is yarn that I have been spinning from a tourquois roving that Kim picked up for me. Shoot, I just realized that I haven't paid her yet for that! Guess I should do that sometime. I'm actually spinning a very even worsted weight yarn. It's got its share of slubs and thin spots, but I'm getting much better the more that I spin. Now that I have learned to do this, I can't wait to make something out of it. I have 16 ounces of this roving, so that should make enough yarn for a pretty good sized project.

I was going to post pictures of DBF and me playing with the Hummer last night, but blogger appears to be done allowing me to upload pictures. Maybe I should think about switching to another blog service. I don't know. Anyways, we played with the Hummer last night. DBF crashed it into my flower garden, so I'm hoping that scares away the dumb chipmunks that seem to be devouring anythinng they can get their paws on. It's a good thing they are cute, else I would have killed all of them by now!

My parents come in today to visit. My grandparents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday, so the rents are driving in for that from Florida. I'm looking forward to seeing them since it's been over a year now. I'll post pictures of the hummer tomorrow if blogger will let me...

Knit on...

No comments: