Friday, June 09, 2006

WIP it out

OK, I have pictures thanks to DBF letting me borrow his digital camera! The first batch is the WIPs. So, without further anticipation, I give you...

This is a crocheted sunglass case that I started. It's about that same size since I haven't worked on it anymore. It's made out of a yarn that came from a place I will never be able to go...the 1970s! Erica gave me two balls of this yarn when she was my secret pal. I had just never figured out what to make with it, but when I started thinking of a sunglasses case, I knew this was the stuff because it is so soft and also machine washable.


This is the sari silk baby kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting. I worked on it some last night, so it's looking more like a garment than a giant garter stitch swatch :oP


This is the diamond lace shawl I'm making out of homespun that was left over from my knitting olympics project. More stash reduction! I haven't worked on it for a while though. Maybe this weekend...


This is the blue betrayal sweater in all its too smallness glory. It's going to be quite cute whenever I get it done. I finished sleeve number one and am now on sleeve 2. Once I get that one done, I'll wip up the two side panels so that the damn thing will actually fit...


I got my Morehouse Farm Merino knit kits on Wednesday. The yarn is gorgeous. I'll post pictures of that on the next post.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Ah, yes. The 70's! Hmmm...I turned 6 years old in 1970, 16 in 1980. Egads. You realize that you weren't born until I was in COLLEGE, right?! Ugh. Glad you're enjoying your yarn!

Erica said...

BTW, what happened w/the diabetes contest?